Thursday, April 3, 2008

Embossing resist step by step...

So here is the info on how I created the card with embossing tonight.



Stamp it up - First I stamped a background stamp in a somewhat lighter color than I will be putting over it. (Although I hate how this Groovy Guava color turned out - a little too orange for me - but what you gonna do?!).

As you can see - a far from perfect impression - but I have a plan for that. I don't necessarily like to do things twice - rather - I call them "happy accidents" and try to work with my mistakes...





Stamp it up some more - Next I stamped my main image (in this case the large flower from SU! Fabulous Flowers set) in VersaMark ink directly over the background impression. You could use whatever ink you normally use for embossing as long as it is clear in nature.









Powder it up - I poured my clear embossing powder over my clear ink covering the entire impression from the flower.













Heat it up - and watch it pop. This is the fun part. Make sure the entire powder area is "melted"....











Ink it up... I usually start with a sponge dauber to get into the intricate parts of the image first to bring out the details of the stamp...
















Brayer it up - I then covered the entire area with the darker ink using my brayer. (Tried to get it as even as possible :-)














Wipe it up- I use a baby wipe to clean up the image a bit and bring it back to clear.










Dress it up - Here's my finished card with tons of dressing up. What can I say, I don't know when is when... I covered up my poorly stamped background image with a second piece of ribbon. Sometimes repeating an embellishment is a good design element that creates consistency in your theme. I would have used textured C/S with this one for more interest in the negative space, but I didn't have any. You can just stamp a canvas or linen background to fix that - (if you remember to do it before you start to glue... :-)
Thanks for looking and I hope you find this example helpful! Now get to stampin!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Very cute card! I will have to try this technique!

love2Bcreative said...

Just awesome -- thanks for your awesome tutorial ;o)
TFS~

~amy~ said...

GREAT FABulous Flower card!!!