Saturday, March 1, 2008

Scrapbook Convention - ahhh... Is this real, or am I in heaven??

























So my wonderful husband was nice enough to watch the terrific twins so that I could drive into Portland yesterday to visit the annual Scrapbook Convention. I didn't attend any of the classes, just visited the vendor faire. There were so many booths, displays, products, I was just overwhelmed with images and ideas. Yeah for my new camera, so I could actually take pictures. Here are some of the wonderful things that I got to see...











Technique Tuesday stamps - their layouts were the best in the whole show!! So dimensional and stamps galore!! Pure heaven for me.....










Oversized tag book - love the color scheme on this one. I think they were selling kits, but I could make this sort of thing on my own so I didn't fall for that one :-)








This the owner of our favorite local scrapbook store "Arts and Scraps". See her cute little booth!?! She is so sweet and helpful every time I go to her store (which is entirely too often :-). I hope the convention is stirring up more business for her....







And the best part of my day - I got to meet Ali Edwards!!!! I was so starstruck - I probably seemed so stupid to her.... She is so sweet and actually a lot taller in person. I felt like a short little dork... Anyway - she was the only scrapbook "celebrity" that I really had hoped to see - and I am so glad that I got a picture with her too!!

Jealous much??? :-) This one will go in the scrapbook for sure!!





I was so happy to get to meet the owner of the Crafty Secrets company there too. I have been admiring their products online for some time, but there aren't any stores locally that sell their beautiful vintage looking items. I grabbed a couple of awesome Cotton Scraps that have beautiful vintage images screen printed on them. I don't know what I will make with these yet - but it is bound to be super duper since their products are all so great....











I went to the convention armed with my list of products that I couldn't find anywhere in this town. I was able to find most of them, and I didn't spend an arm and a leg like I thought I would. Some women were talking about how they had spent over $500 just on classes and products. Jeeze Loise - my husband would have a heart attack - I don't think I could carry that much stuff around anyway :-)


I topped off my day with a 10 minute chair massage to help alleviate the stress of trying to drive back home. Even though I am litterally 5 miles from the convention center - this strip of I-5 is the worst! But I was whistling dixie after my massage and just took it slow.
Overall - it was a great day to myself - and I have decided that I need more of these for sure! Don't we all!!!!!!!!!

No comments: